” Chiara’sTuscany” is a Love Affair with Tuscany & the Italian language : Chiara and her Team promote a new way of Learning Italian and discovering Tuscany. This is not a school , this is Experiential Learning and Experiential Travelling.
We can help you discover Tuscany as well as learn or improve the Italian language through Experiences, without having to attend a school. or in addition to a traditional course.
CHIARA’S TUSCANY EXPERIENCES
- ETRUSCAN INSPIRED – BOTANICAL BEAUTY (about 2 hrs) :Tuscany was home for one of the most fascinating population: the Etruscans, renowned for their deep knowledge of herbs, plants and oils properties for health as well as beauty. Inspired by the many gifts that nature all around us offer and the old Etruscan wisdom, we have created a workshop dedicated to all the people passionate about organic beauty products and ancient recipes. Learn how to make your own body treats and leave with products entirely made by yourself
- LA NATURA NEL CASSETTO – Nature at your fingertips (about 2 hrs): A series of creative botanical workshops with a variety of topics to choose from . An olfactory experience to explore the world of essential oils and plants and create your own botanical products.
- ITALIANO in CUCINA: A course of Italian language for people passionate about Tuscan food, together with authentic cooking experience. How do you understand an Italian recipe? How do you say cut, chop, mix? A dedicated language tutor together with a renowned Chef, will teach you the secrets of traditional recipes after a fun Italian lesson. At the end of the experience you’ll cook and eat the products of your own Tuscan food!
EXPERIENCES ” A PIEDI “
- “CAFFE’ CON CHIARA” – BASIC ITALIAN to get by, COFFEE CULTURE, CURIOSITÀ, & LIFESTYLE – Understanding Italy through the language: “Caffè con Chiara”, together with “Caffè & Giornale” and “ Italiano in Cinquecento” are the three available on line courses that we offer based on different levels.“Caffè con Chiara” now is also available as hands-on experience (field experience)
Follow me on a stroll in Siena starting the experience in the morning in front of a cup of coffee and a pastry. I’ll provide the meeting point at a nice café. We’ll get to know each other’s and you will learn basic Italian expressions to introduce yourself and meet other people (about 1 hour Italian lesson).
- I will then take you for a walk in the old town to discover artisans and artists laboratories hidden among the narrow alleys. We’ll visit some interesting food shopping places while learning some new language expressions for ordering food at restaurants/cafés and make grocery shopping. We will meet vendors and you’ ll have the chance to practice Italian.While learning the language, I will also teach you some curiosities about food culture in Italy. Our experience will end with a stop in one of my favourite places where you can enjoy cheese and salumi tasting …all to help you better understanding Italy of course!
- Participating to my experience won’t make you fluent in Italian, but you will be able to order coffee , food and do some shopping using useful words and phrases while in Italy. You’ll get to meet locals and I will help you understanding Italian lifestyle and habits.The experience includes a linguistic guide for “surviving in Italy”.
- ICE CREAM MAKING – GELATO EXPERIENCE: Is ice cream (GELATO) from Italy? How is Italian ice cream made? Who made the first ice cream? Practice how to order, choose your favorite flavour in Italian and see how artisanal Italian ice cream is made! Gelato tours will begin with a 30 min Italian lesson to learn basic vocabulary and expressions on how to order and choose Gelato.
- We will then walk to my favourite ice cream maker’s shop in the heart of Siena to discover all the secrets of artisanal Italian ice cream. Our experience includes a language mini guide to the world of Gelato and a delicious ice cream taste at the end.
- Meeting point will be comunicated when booking.
- Out of the beaten track SHOPPING TOUR : Follow us in Siena for a stroll in search of disappearing independents shops, lookinging for the perfect gift for yourself or your loved ones back home or just enjoying window-shopping in perfect Italian-style .
- ART & ARTISAN TOUR: Follow us inside artisans workshops, discovering ancient professions which are disappearing. Meet artisans and artists while at work, interview them, see how things are made and learn to appreciate the work behind the scene.
- SMARTPHONE- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP: Meet Lesley, experienced photographer, for this special walking tour created to show you Siena and Tuscany via your smartphone and teach you how to take great travel pictures and catch details. Street Photography with coffee break and time to learn editing tips and tricks for layouts and posting on social medias.
TAILORED – MADE LANGUAGE LESSONS
- Customized ITALIAN LESSON: One to one, or small groups, we can organize individual or small groups lessons tailored-made according to your needs and interests